We Make a New Start Easy
Looking for a new homecare provider? At Drake Medox, we are committed to making the process as smooth and seamless for our clients as possible. If you or a loved one are currently receiving support at home and are looking at changing care providers, Drake Medox offers a structured and proven transition process. Our highly knowledgeable team ensures continuity of service whilst minimising any stress or worry during the transition phase – even when 24/7 complex care is required.
When a new client changes care providers to Drake Medox, our transition time frame typically takes between 4-6 weeks. Working closely with our dedicated Client Relationship Consultant, we partner with you to develop a personalised plan that includes weekly milestones and aligned to a set and agreed upon transition date. Every detail is covered in the transition plan including care plans, rosters, recruitment, meet and greets and extensive training. The end result is a seamless transition with no impact on care levels.
Our Transition Plan
- Learning About You - Getting educated on your specific social & clinical needs.
- Current Roster - Analysing current roster gaps to address recruitment needs.
- Recruitment - Placing advertisements & start the recruitment process.
- Care Plan – Developed in consultation with you and our Clinical Coordinator.
- Current Staff Retention - Identify current staff you’d like to retain.
- Future Start Date - Agreed upon start date.
- Selection of Staff – Be part of the selection process for the new team.
- Meet & Greets – Meet & greets with new staff members.
- Staff Transition – Registration packs to the retained staff.
- Client Education – Engage with current allied health team for client education to new staff.
- Training & Buddy Shifts - Scheduling ‘on the job’ training for weeks 4-6
- Training - Includes manual handling, care plan and client specific induction.
- Roster - Developed 2 weeks prior to the start date.
- First shifts - Buddy Shifts to begin.
- Meeting - Drake Medox team to finalise the transition.
- Commence - Full care & support services start with Drake Medox.
And You Are Now Off and Running with a Fresh Start!!
At Drake Medox, we work extra hard to make sure your new start is a positive experience, and goals are reached, lives are enriched, and individuals are living their absolute best life.
If you’re looking for a new homecare provider that can better fulfil your needs, we would value the opportunity to speak with you about how we can partner with you or your loved one to develop the very best support and care at home. Call our experienced homecare team for a seamless transition on 1300 360 070.
Choosing a Homecare Provider: An Essential Guide & Checklist
To help you begin navigating the process of changing disability care providers, we have created an essential guide and checklist around the important considerations when choosing a homecare provider, which you can download for FREE!
What Do Our Clients Say?
I would like to thank you for the very high standard of support that continues to be and has been provided to my daughter over the past four years.
My daughter is 22 years old, her disabilities (including Global Learning Delay and severe Verbal Dyspraxia) affect her ability to communicate. Drake Medox's provision of support workers for community access on a weekly basis has helped to improve her quality of life and continued growth beyond the home environment.
Stability and flexibility of staff in relation to her care have fulfilled an important role and contributed positively to the whole family. We feel very lucky to know our loved one is in trusted care.
Jodi - Client’s mother
I currently use Drake Medox for personal care support. They’ve been very helpful! It’s also extremely easy to get in touch with the organisation. No improvements come to mind. I would absolutely recommend them!
It's always a consistent service with productive staff. Since January 2016, it's been a good journey and service with them!
They send carers to support my family member. I think they are good people. They take my family member out, and to the gym after their accident. They are good when I call and need to change anything, they're helpful. So far everything that I ask they do.
I have 24/7 support workers and they're all great. I'm there to get more independence and doing lots of cooking and cleaning. They're really good. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. The routine is good, I get to know who is coming in next.
Barney - Client
If I could give them 20 stars I would! They go above and beyond the call of duty where others have failed. They give me the will to live and have made it possible for me to keep living at home knowing that they’re there to support me every day!
Beverly Pound - Client